April 4, 2011

Kitten Watch 2011


Can you tell I'm on Spring Break?  Can you?  Huh?  I'm blogging, like, every day!  So, since I have all this time, its either clean the house of blog while the kids are napping, so...obviously, I'm blogging. I mean, DUH.


Anyway, remember Maggie, the new kitty, the one that showed up around Feb. 1st on our doorstep, starving and sweet and so very cute?  Well, she stuck around, got named by Andrew, got taken to the vet to get checked out and get shots, and promptly got knocked up before she could get spayed.  We noticed it around late February when she started gaining weight all of a sudden and eating like ca-RAY-zee and all that weight was only in her tummy.  She had all the signs of pregnancy.  Sigh.  So, here we are, officially on "Kitten Watch 2011."

Every night Maggie wakes me up @ 4 am snuggling and nuzzling and purring like crazy.  When I pet her, I can lay my hand on her belly and feel the kittens kicking.  Its insane. (A good friend of ours who is a vet says that this is a sign that she could deliver any day now!)  She is so very affectionate, which I guess is a sign of her nurturing instinct kicking in, or perhaps she is starting to feel some labor pains and needs some comforting to get through the pain?  Who knows...Its all so fascinating to me, though.

In a way, this whole cat pregnancy thing is kinda pacifying weird baby fever I didn't even know I had!  I am so d-o-n-e with pregnancy (I even have my mind set on getting the Essure procedure done as soon as school is out for summer), but I will always miss that feeling of a little life moving and kicking inside me.  That's the one and only thing I will *ever* miss about being pregnant.

I've never owned a pet that wasn't neutered or spayed, so this will be a brand-new experience for me and I am sooooo stinkin' excited.  Yes, I know kittens are the very last thing we need to deal with right now, but honestly, I just don't care.  We're not keeping them.  We already have our feelers out, and have several people saying they want a kitty, so I have faith that we will find very good homes for them.  I am just so excited and the kids wake up every morning asking if Maggie's babies have arrived.  Its so cute.  I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they're finally born...I think my face will have as much awe and wonder as theirs!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...