May 12, 2011

Pain meds are fun!


*Disclaimer: I am writing this under the influence of 2 valium, 1 loritab (pain pill), and a muscle relaxer.  Please forgive me if I ramble or stop mid-sentence.  I probably won't even remember writing this, so it should be fun when I eventually come back and re-read this. Ha!

So anyway, today I had my Essure procedure done!  After scheduling it I went through a bunch of mixed emotions.  Its definitely the right thing to do, considering how much my body HATES being pregnant.  I am certainly not one of those girls who walks around glowing 24/7, raving about how amazing and wonderful it is to be nurturing a new life...No, for me, its nonstop vomiting until @25-30 weeks, then another 10 weeks or so of pain and insomnia.  And that's just Chris!  (Just kidding.)  Labor is HARD and I always have complications.  I've been pregnant four times and have two living children.  Pregnancy is NOT my friend.

A lot of people ask why Chris didn't just go get a vasectomy.  Considering I have five friends who ended up pregnant after their husbands got the big V, I simply do not trust the procedure.  This fact, combined with my body's hatred of pregnancy and the fact that I am getting older and more TIRED, I am just done.  I looked into all the options and the Essure procedure was the best option for us.

So anyway, I went in at 11 am this morning.  About an hour beforehand, I had followed doctor's orders and taken my valium, loritab and ibuprofen.  I was so goofy on the way to the doctor's office.  Chris was calling all our family and friends to let them make fun of how loopy I was.  When we got there and got settled in the "
procedure room" they gave me a shot (muscle relaxer) and when the doc came in a few minutes later, the party really got started. 

She gave me a shot of lidocaine in the cervix, which didn't numb me but took the edge off.  I am not gonna lie...There was pain, cramping, and it was not fun. Compared to labor, though, it was nothing.  I squeezed Chris' hand through it all, though, and he was such a comfort. The doc injected sterile water into my uterus so she could find the fallopian tubes.  It didn't take long to find the first tube and insert the spring, but the second was harder to find.  They had to eventually inject more water, which helped them find the second and be done.  All that water has made me so bloated, but it won't last long.  I took another pain pill after they finished and now there is no pain, but I am super sleepy.  I am gonna try to get some sleep so (hopefully) I can feel better enough to be able to go to Andrew's t-ball game tonight.

I truly appreciate everyone's prayers through all this.  I am so very blessed.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...