March 13, 2011

CVS (and Rite-Aid) Sunday! Best yet!

So today I did my usual drugstore deals after church.  I do believe it was my best day yet!  I went to CVS first, where I bought these items: 16 rolls of Bounty Paper Towels, 9 rolls of Charmin toilet paper, 2 boxes of Charmin Freshwipes, 1 bottle of Gain dish detergent, 1 box of Purex 3-in-1 laundry detergent sheets, and 1 box of Raisin Bran cereal (for Chris).  Total cost?  $11.99!

Here's how it worked:  Transaction #1 was the paper towels, toilet tissue, and freshwipes.  I had a coupon for the paper towels and coupons for the TP and wipes, but those coupons were Target coupons and they wouldn't take them.  Oops.  I had $22 ECB to use, so after coupons and ECB, my grand total was $6.27!  I also got $10 ECB back from this purchase, so it's kinda like I got money back. :)  Pretty good!
Transaction #2 was the dish detergent, laundry detergent, and Raisin Bran.  I had a $2 off coupon for the Purex, a $1 CVS coupon AND a $1 off manufacturer's coupon for the cereal (making it $2 off), and the dish soap was 97 cents, so the grand total for that transaction was only $5.72.  Nice.

After leaving CVS, I headed across the street to Rite-Aid.  I got Purex Crystals fabric softener, Halls cough drops, Reach dental floss, and Gain dish detergent.  My grand total there?  $1.35!  I had a $2 off coupon for the fabric softener, a 50 cents off Rite-Aid coupon AND a 50 cents off manufacturer's coupon for the cough drops (making it free), a $1 off coupon for the floss (making it free), and a $1 off coupon for the dish detergent (making it free as well).  All I paid for, basically, was the fabric softener and the tax on the other items.  I tried to use a $1 +UP reward, but since my subtotal was under $1, they wouldn't take it.  I received another $1 +UP reward for buying the fabric softener, so now I have $2 for my next trip.

I just might be getting addicted to this drugstore couponing thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...