March 8, 2011

Letter to Jillian

Dear Jillian, 

You're gonna be so mad at me, but I must confess...I failed.  The 30 Day Challenge should have ended a couple of weeks back, but I didn't realize it until today. I'm sorry!  Please don't hurt me! 

Honestly, I have a couple of excuses...One of them *might* even be believable.  First, I haven't really been a regular exerciser until just very recently.  (Still not, obviously...)  I'm trying - really, I am - but dang, girl!  You are TOUGH.  Yes, I saw a difference.  Yes, I felt a difference.  Despite how much I wanted to hate you, my body was changing in awesome ways.  I lost 7 lbs and 2 inches from around my waist!  I had more energy, I felt better, I slept better at night...but then.  Then.  We went on vacation. 
Myrtle Beach was fantastic, but you never came out of the suitcase.  Unfortunately, playing with the kids, going to the zoo/shopping/aquarium/whatever (or just taking a nap) took precedence over my exercise routine.  I meant to get back into the swing of things when I got home...honest, I did...but the kids got sick, it was IEP week (aka Hell Week), then Chris got sick...I know, I know...no excuse.  I should have made the time.
You're right, you're right, I know you're right.  We *need* our quality time, you and me.  Zumba is great, but I've only been making it to class once a week!  You know that's not enough.  Here's the plan:  I'm setting my alarm clock early from now on.  I feel like I know your videos well enough to not need to hear every word you're saying (not that there's anything wrong with your voice, sweetie...its just the kids are trying to sleep, and...well...I need to keep the TV volume low).  I can get up earlier and we can have our quality time before any distractions or demands take over and keep us apart.  Deal?
Sure, I might be apologizing again in a few weeks, but for now, here's to a fresh start!  And again, I ask...please don't punish me too badly!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...