March 26, 2011

Bloggy Business

So I've been thinking a lot about this blog.

I rarely ever get any comments, so I kinda wonder if anyone ever reads it...I certainly enjoy being creative with it and recording the cute stuff my kids say and do.  Writing certainly helps me process certain things I'm going through at different times, and I also feel very certain that, even though I may not know it, there may in fact be someone out there reading this who is going through the same things and maybe feels a little less alone knowing I'm out here going through it with them.  Does that make any sense?

Hmm.  Anyway.  So, yeah.  I've been thinking about the blog and stuff.  I'd like to continue to share my mothering experiences, but I want to share my couponing experiences as well (for those who are interested).  I want it to be effective, though. 

I was thinking that I could add a page to the blog that gives helpful couponing hints, but it wouldn't be the same as posting here on the "front page."  I could add updates with weekly savings and give details, or I could continue to do like I do now and just take a picture of what I buy, share the details about how many transactions I had, etc. in a separate blog post.  The thing about having a separate page for the couponing info is that those who are not interested don't have to read about it, but those who are won't always know if something has been added to the coupon page unless they check it.

Another idea that was presented recently was to possibly start a whole separate blog about couponing!  I'm not really sure what to do, so I thought I would ask my friends and family...the people who might actually care...what they might think.  I mean, I don't even know if I have that many readers, and if they care about the coupon thing, or if they just want to read about the kids and life in general.

I know I can't force anyone to comment or anything...but if you're reading this, please feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think!  You don't have to sign in or register or anything.  You can just check "anonymous" and add your name when you leave your comment!  And you don't even have to do that!  It would just be so nice to see that someone out there is actually reading this stuff. :)  If you're out there and reading this, THANK YOU.  I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Anna, my vote is for a separate blog.

"not so anonymous",

Lee Ann Irvin

Anna said...

Thanks for chiming in!! :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I read it almost all the time Anna. I love keeping up with you and your fam this way. I don't read the couponing ones b/c we don't have the same stores her but I get a snippit on fb and can decide if I want to read or not so it doesn't bother me if it's on the front page.

Lacey

Anonymous said...

Anna, you know Billy and I read your blog and we LOVE it. I aspire to be a great blogger like you but I just am no where near there. I love reading yours though and you know what, if your couponing stuff is on the front page so be it. The AJC doesn't change it's content to please everyone and this is YOUR bog. You do it how you want to. That's just my two sense.

lynette355 said...

Anna, it is amazing to know when you have saved, especially in these tough times. And many need and want the couponing help. Myself, I live in a lil town that has one grocery store and no a single big chain discount or drug store. So no they do not help. And I refuse to make a 60+ mile trip to save $5 when gas is over $3. Sure that makes sense to you. But keep it up. Share and encourage with all the ways you help, learn and live while being mommy, teacher, wife, friend and God's tool.

Anna said...

Thanks so much, ladies!! I appreciate your thoughts so much. :) Thanks for reading (and letting me know you read!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...