February 10, 2011

A Phase?

Dude...don't tempt me!
GAHHHH, Hannah has me so bewildered lately.  I don't know what the heck is going on most of the time.  She's happy-sad-happy-sad-happy-sad-happy-sad...you get the idea.  I never know if I'm coming home to a happy or VERY sad baby.  I can tell by the way Chris picks up the phone (as I call him the minute I get in the car to leave the school) whether its been a good or bad day.  She is *so* very demanding.  And emotional.  And stubborn.  Not like anyone else I know....

What??

So anyway.  The biggest problem she has lately is the separation anxiety or mommy addiction or whatever the heck you wanna call it.   When I get home its al mommy-mommy-mommy and the SECOND I try to go make dinner or - God forbid - talk to Andrew or Chris, there's a complete and total meltdown of the highest degree.  I'm currently banished to the upstairs to hide in our room because she's much happier and calmer if I'm not down there.  Gah...I want to be with my family but I don't want to make her miserable!

I feel like I've traumatized her by going to work or something.  Honestly -- it kind of makes me worry that I've scarred her emotionally by going to work!  She's great when she's at preschool and home with Chris.  Once I get home, though, she's so freaked out by my being out of her sight...I try to hold her, snuggle her, kiss her, be with her every minute I can before she goes to bed, but its never enough.  I even hold her on my lap when I go to the bathroom!  Its ridiculous.

Its as if Hannah has a bottomless love tank that cannot be filled.  The more time I spend with her, the more time she wants with me.  I feel awful for Andrew because I know he loves his time with me as well, but he's so mellow he's not going to throw a tantrum about it, therefore he doesn't get any time (at least, not until Hannah goes to sleep).  Its kind of like that saying, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"...Its so unfair and I don't know how to make it right.  Sigh...

I'm just so overwhelmed and worried that there's something more going on with her.  Maybe its just a phase?  A phase that's been going on for more than two and a half years? 

2 comments:

Becky Wolfe said...

Ahhh Mama - I have no advice - just hugs! I'm sure its just a phase and I have no idea how or what would help to ease her troubles.

sweetcoalminer said...

That must be so stressful. It's good that she spends so much time with Chris. Frank used to be like that with me, but spending time with Cory (especially overnight) has helped him bond with Cory more. Imagine how miserable you'd both be if you were at home with her! Love her up as much as you can, but you're right to have some boundaries.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...