February 11, 2011

Another sign I'm getting old...

So I was at Zumba on Wednesday night and we did a new routine to Ke$ha's "Tick Tock."  Yeah, so I've never really listened to the lyrics to this song, but as I listened and danced, I caught some disturbing thoughts running through my head.  Thoughts that made me think, "WOW.  I am old."

For example, here's the first verse and my thoughts about the words:

I wake up in the mornin' feeling like P Diddy, (who?)
Got my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city.
Before I leave brush my teeth with a bottle of jack 
(Oh, now that is SO bad for your teeth!  I am horrified.  What must her dentist think??)
'Cause when I leave for the night I ain't coming back. (Huh?  Out all night?  What about sleep? I can't stay up past 11 pm!)



And the second verse:
 
Ain't got a care in the world, (wow, that must be nice) but got plenty of beer, (Yuck.)
Ain't got no money in my pocket but I'm already here. 
(Umm, how are you paying for the beer?)
Now the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger,
(Ohhhh, that's how you're getting the beer...I see.)
But we kick them to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger! 
(Seriously?  Mick Jagger?  I could think of *so* many more beautiful men.  Oh, wait...you were just trying to rhyme.  Ah, I see.)

So, yeah...Apparently, I am not only OLD but also crazy, because there I was trying to make Ke$ha lyrics make sense.  Next week I will just Zumba and not pay attention to the words. 


ETA: I totally can't stop thinking about how she's brushing her teeth with a bottle of Jack.  Ugh.  That is just so bad for her teeth.  Someone needs to tell her dentist.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...