January 22, 2011

Week In Review

Wow, what a week. 

After being housebound for a week because of snow and ice, we went back to school on Tuesday.  (Why not Monday?  MLK Day!  Can't go to school on MLK Day...)  Try to teach 6th graders after a two and a half week Christmas break, then two days of school, then another week at home.  Not fun.

Hannah had a rough week.  First of all, she is NOT a fan of anything that takes mommy more than three feet away from her.  To say she was going through a bit of mommy withdrawal when I returned to work would be the understatement of the year.  It was not fun.  On Thursday, Chris was picking up the kids from preschool, trying to get the kids and their backpacks in the car and keep the dog in the car (he likes to take Rosie to pick up the kids...they love seeing her!) when he accidentally caught Hannah's car in the door when he slammed it shut.  OUCH.  Her hand has been bruised but she is using it and it doesn't seem to bother her, so all is well.

Andrew was thrilled to return to school.  He's spelling his name and trying to read, which is exciting.  He is such a joy.  He craves mommy time so I am trying to think of ways to spend time with JUST HIM...

I finally hauled my butt to the eye doctor this morning.  Turns out I *do* need glasses.  My vision has gone from extreme nearsightedness to perfect (thanks to Lasik) to farsightedness.  I am okay with seeing things far away, pretty good with close-up things, but not so hot with things that are in between.  This is why I have headaches.  Having to focus and squint to see things correctly will do that to you.  So anyway, I am now the proud owner of two pair of glasses...a purple pair and a brown pair.  They will be ready in @ 7 business days, so for the next week I will have to continue to squint and suffer with the headaches, but there is an end in sight so that's a good thing.

I'll be doing day 3 of Jillian's 30-Day Shred as soon as I get the kids down for a nap.  After a couple of days I wasn't *as* sore, so its time to add the hand weights.  I might be hating life later, but for now I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. :)  Maybe the endorphin release will help my headache.  A girl can hope., right?

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...