December 17, 2011

Break from school = Plague upon my house

So apparently being out of school for any reason gives my kids the plague.  Remember Thanksgiving break?  Seriously.

Thursday, Chris gets a call from Hannah's preschool @ 10:30 (approximately ONE hour after dropping her off).  She's throwing up and has a fever.  Awesome.  She's feverish all day, but sleeps pretty well that night.  We put her to bed at 6:30 pm and she slept until 11:30 am Friday morning.  Freakin' awesome.  We're thinking she quite literally "slept it off" and would be just fine from here on out.  NOPE.

Friday is the last day of school for mommy and Andrew, and we're all happy and looking forward to a nice, relaxing break...Hannah, however, has other plans.  She was literally up ALL NIGHT.  Every 30 minutes I was awakened to a serious coughing fit, usually ending in her vomiting up food or, when that well ran dry, coughing up phlegm.  I felt really sorry for her until about 2 am.  After that, I was just seriously wanting sleep.  Believe me, we tried cough medicine, Benadryl (Because, for the love of God, just SLEEP!  Plus, I was thinking maybe it would help dry up the mucus.), Vicks vapor rub, a vapor plug-in next to her bed, a humidifier...It was like having a newborn in the house, but both newborns I brought home from the hospital slept WAY more than Hannah did last night. 

Chris left the house @ 7 am this morning (I think...I was so out of it from sleep deprivation, I can't say for sure) and has been gone all day.  I am so, so very tired.  He has been at the flea market all day trying to sell our crap treasures, so I know he is going to be tired and wanting to just relax and chill out, but ohmydearLord I am exhausted.  I could quite honestly fall asleep ANYWHERE...even right here, typing this.

ZZZZZZZZ...
 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...