July 22, 2011

Heaving myself back on the wagon...

Back in January ( you know, the month of all those starry-eyed, well-intentioned New Years Resolutions), I committed to beginning and maintaining an exercise routine.  I did really well on beginning a routine!  I was going to Zumba twice a week and was spending time with Jillian on a daily basis, courtesy of the 30 Day Shred DVD.  It was great.  I felt better, my attitude was better, and I lost 15 lbs!

Maintaining the regimen, however, proved to be a way more difficult task.  I tried and tried, but my birthday happened, then April came (and with it, state testing time and MAJOR stress), and the workouts became a thing of the past.  Here it is, nearly August, and I have yet to haul my big ol' butt back onto the workout wagon.
Intellectually, I *know* how much better I feel when I work out, I know how much it helps my stress levels, and of course there's the added benefit of all my clothes fitting in a much more pleasing way...but when you're in the midst of the craziness and stress and just day-to-day life, its just.so.hard. to find the motivation.  This summer has been extra crazy because Hannah has been clingy (and I mean SUPER clingy...like, to the point where I was getting concerned that she was having emotional problems or something!  Fortunately I have some awesome friends who lie to me put my mind at ease and I feel confident its something she will grow out of.)  Anyway, her velcro-like attachment to me has been so physically and emotionally draining that, even when I get a minute to myself, I don't want to go upstairs and put Jillian in the DVD player...I just want to sit in a dark room with a cold rag over my eyes and enjoy the silence.

So, here's my point.  Now that school starts back on Monday, I feel like its the perfect time for a new beginning and a new commitment to take better care of myself.  Today is Friday and I've got Bunco tonight...LOVE Bunco nights (better than Zoloft!)...so I am looking forward to letting loose with my girlfriends tonight.  Next week, though, its back to work...and back to being BFF's with Jillian.  I would appreciate any and all accountability!  I figure if I post it here and someone, somewhere, actually reads it, maybe they will help me stay on track and not let me get sidetracked or make excuses.  I am basically asking for someone to kick my butt when I need it so I don't give up and let the stress get this out of control again.  :)  Thanks!



2 comments:

Sweet Coalminer said...

I hear you - my three-year-old's needs often interfere with my exercise, too. I should try harder to work out too.

p.s. I could have written the part about knowing it makes you feel better but still not doing it myself. You are not alone.

Anna said...

Thanks, hon! Why is that?? I *know* it makes everything better, but I just can't muster up the energy to go DO it. Sigh. Its a vicious cycle. Here's to getting my arse back on the wagon, though! Hope you can join me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...