June 10, 2011

Coming Up for Air

Whew!  Its been a whirlwind summer already...I haven't had too much time for fun and relaxation since we've been working on the house, but we are definitely making progress!  Our room is finally getting put back together (I can see the floor now!) since we bought a new bookshelf and organized the books by author/subject/etc.  It looks really good.  We also moved Chris' desk for his online business upstairs to the "sitting room" area in our master bedroom so he can get his stuff out of the dining room. Most pretty much all of his stock is still in the dining room, but the plan is for it to be moved SOON.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend.  I can't wait to get my dining room back.  I am dying to get in there to sweep/mop/dust and get it back in order and actually resembling some sort of family dining area.
I have had two chances to get out and have a bit of fun.  Tuesday night was Bunco night, which is always completely awesome.  If you don't know how to play Bunco, its basically a dice game in which your goal is to roll three numbers that are the same (depending on the round).  You have to have 12 players, and in our case, its basically a really good excuse to get together and just let loose.  Its ridiculous how much fun we have.  I always come home feeling so much better and less stressed after talking and laughing and just relaxing for the night.
The other opportunity to get out of the house came yesterday.  I had the kids with me so it wasn't as relaxing as it could've been, but it was still fun.  We went to a friend's pool to go swimming and, while the kids love the water and are physically able to swim and splash on their own (with their floaties), they refuse to actually do it.  I had to be with them in the pool the entire time, and Hannah ended up being super-clingy...probably because there was about 20 people there that she didn't know and was kinda freaking out.  Sure, it would have been a bit more fun for me if I could have just laid around and chatted with my friends, but it was fun seeing my kiddos enjoy the pool.  We ended up going to Wal-Mart and buying a bigger pool for the kids and us to enjoy in our own backyard.  It has a filter and everything!  Hey, we're movin' on up, folks!
Today we are going to just enjoy a quiet day at home, playing in our new pool and continuing our work on the house.  Hannah's birthday is coming up (and Chris' as well), and we want the house to be in tiptop shape for the party we're planning on throwing!  The kids are going away for a few days next week to visit Chris' mom and stepdad in Alabama, so I'm betting those few days will be when we'll get most of the work done.  Believe me, we will definitely sleep in and go out and just enjoy being alone together, but it'll be a productive time as well.  Plus, a little time away from the kids will help us remember how very much we love them, so it'll be good for everyone!
So that's what's up in my world...how about you?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...