October 27, 2010

Amazed


Andrew still amazes me every day.  A couple of weeks ago it was his reciting the pledge of allegiance while we drove around town.  Last night it was his matter-of-fact attitude about the fact that he's never seen a real live capybara.  I'm all...huh?  Yeah, we have the books about animal babies.  Its a set of four. We were reading the one about animal babies in ponds & rivers.  We were finished reading and he looks at me and says, "Mommy, I've seen ducks.  I've seen frogs.  I've seen otters.  But I've never seen a real live capybara.  Or a manatee.  Where do they live?  They're not at the zoo, because I've been there and never seen them.  Are they at the aquarium?"

Uh...When did he get so smart?  I love the way he thinks, and especially the way he verbalizes what he thinks. He's so awesome.



Of course then there are those "other" moments, when he says stuff like, "I wanna be Duff Man when I grow up!  He's tough!"  Yeah...not a shining moment for mommyhood.  Maybe we need to limit the number of Simpsons episodes we allow him to watch...Yeah, that might be a good idea. 


Oh, and in case anyone's wondering...Daddy's comment:  "That's my boy!"

I need a time out.


**ETA:  If you are wondering what the heck a capybara is...you are not alone.  There's a picture of one in the book, but other than that, I know nothing.   Here is a picture, though!

2 comments:

Becky Wolfe said...

Hey just wanted to stop in and say hi. I just have had no motivation to blog since we moved up north here. Some days I think of stuff I could write about but then I feel too tired/lazy to give it a shot. Guess that's pregnancy. Maybe I'll find energy & creativity in the second trimester.
Andrew sounds like such a cutie. I have no idea what a capybara is so at least he knows if he ever sees one. Funny kid. Ethan has been watching entirely too much tv lately too, mostly just reruns of Yo Gabba Gabba, the Doodlebops & the Wiggles so he can't learn bad stuff from them. But I've heard him say "Holy Crap" a few times and made me realize how often I probably say it without noticing. Ooops!

Anna said...

Becky!! I had no idea you were pregnant!! Congrats!!!!!!! Praying for a safe and VERY happy pregnancy for you!!
Ethan sounds like a cutie...I understand the lack of motivation to blog. Probably a combination of pregnancy and just having moved. Just hang in there...Check in once in awhile if you can! Take care of yourself!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...