July 21, 2010

Perspective

Hannah LOVED the sprinklers
along the sides of the mat!
Last night, around 6 pm (because that's when the heat starts to subside a bit), we decided to go outside and play on the Slip-n-Slide we got last week at Toys R Us.  (It was on clearance for $5!  Woohoo!)
Hannah had been clingy and was starting to get a little cranky, so I was considering taking her up for her bath and getting her ready for bed a little earier than normal, but I am so glad I didn't.  We had so much fun playing outside.  Hannah loved the water, Andrew loved running around...Chris tried to show them how to run and slide on the mat, but they just enjoyed splashing around and getting wet. 

Andrew was running so fast I almost
couldn't get a picture!
Its times like these that make me realize how blessed I am.  Even when I am so stressed out and burned out and the kids are driving me crazy, there are moments like these that always make me "check myself" & realize just how good we have it. 

So, no more "Mommie Dearest."  From now on I want to be the best mommy I can be.  When the stress of tantrums or clinginess starts to get to me, maybe I'll just pull up these pictures and remind myself that its all worth it, and these days will be gone far too soon. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...