June 1, 2012

On a Mission


So about a month ago, I began to get really sick of how overweight and un-energetic I was.  I watched a very good friend start a nutrition program called ViSalus.  Yes, people enjoy the benefits of weight loss through ViSalus, but athletes also use it to increase their performance.  Basically, she started drinking a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and eating a normal dinner.  After two months, she had lost nearly 30 lbs.  I was amazed at how much more energy she had and just how GOOD she felt.

I've always been wary of these programs, though curious, and I guess she got to me at the perfect moment, because I decided to go for it.  I decided to join the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge at the end of April.  Its now June 1 and I have lost 12 lbs and 5 inches off my waist.  Tomorrow, we go to Orlando for a trip to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (which is actually the 22nd of this month, but whatever).  I did a little shopping for the trip and was shocked to discover that I was able to fit in a pair of shorts that were a whole size smaller than what I'm used to buying!  I am so excited and motivated.  My friends at work comment on how much more energy I have and how much happier I am.  I really do feel GOOD.  ViSalus is about so much more than weight loss...Its about getting healthy.  I CRAVE my shakes now, and when I don't get them I feel horrible.  Pigging out on pizza (yep, I still do it from time to time and STILL lose weight!) just makes me feel yucky.  Honestly, my husband is talking about where we'll need to stop for lunch on the way down, but all I want is to take a cooler and have my shake while we're driving down! :)

I have some friends who are using Advocare and are having tremendous success with their products, and I am so, so happy for them.  I feel like ViSalus and Advocare are similar in that the focus is on healthy living, not simply weight loss.  No matter what you choose, I think everyone should make this lifestyle change and GO FOR IT.  I love that I am able to keep up with my kids better and I'm truly desiring better foods.
Does it cost money?  Yes.  My Vi shakes are $99/month, but my gosh...I used to spend way more than that on JUNK that was making me feel horrible and gain weight, but now I am healthy and honestly don't see the need to go to the grocery often at all, since we don't eat that much.  Anyway...its been a fantastic thing for us and I am just so excited about it that I had to share!

Interested in joining us?  You can visit my site:  www.annairvin.bodybyvi.com OR my husband's site: www.chrisirvin.bodybyvi.com and join the challenge with us!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...