January 1, 2011

2011...wow!

So its here!  January 1, 2011 is here!  I thought by now we'd be riding around in spaceships and/or teleporting from place to place.  Big Brother would be watching us, and all that stuff.  Not that I was hoping for Big Brother, but man it would be nice to just be able to "beam" myself from my house to my parent's house when I'd like!  We are currently in Nashville with my parents.  We arrived yesterday at @ 4 pm after a 6 hr drive from the A-T-L.  It doesn't normally take us 6 hrs, but we did stop to walk around Wal-Mart, eat at a Chinese buffet, then visit the Goodwill store...where we found a barely used Buzz Lightyear -- the ones we had JUST looked at while walking around Wal-Mart that cost $36 there -- for only $2.99!  I was one happy momma!  Hannah is currently obsessed with Toy Story so she has driven us crazy with the Buzz...but seeing her so happy is just awesome.

Anyway, we arrived, got settled, and then my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew arrived to have "Christmas" dinner with us!  My mom and stepdad had been on a cruise and only arrived back in the states on Christmas Eve, so they didn't get to do the traditional dinner of beef burgundy, scalloped potatoes, pea casserole, baked apples, and collard greens.  I *so* love my mom's cooking.  We ate, then opened presents....the highlight of the kids' evening!   After playing with all their new toys for awhile, we got them in bed and enjoyed some time just hanging out and talking to my family.  I sure do love them.  My brother and his family left early (they're old, too) and I think we were all in bed by 10 pm.  I know.  We party so hard its ridiculous.

We all kind of had a lazy morning just playing here at my mom's house with the kids and their new toys, but since I had gotten a $50 gift card from my mom, we went there today to spend it!  I got a jacket, a shirt, a pair of boots, Lego Star Wars PJ's for Andrew, and a small gift for my dad for $1.84 after using the gift card.  Awesome.  I totally love me some Kohl's.

Tomorrow we are supposed to spend the day with my dad and stepmom, who just arrived home tonight from a Christmas trip to their condo in Florida.  Andrew, however, is not feeling well and went to bed tonight with a fever. :(  I am praying he feels so much better after a good night's sleep.  II really want to be able to go see my dad and stepmom and let them play with the kids!  Not to mention that later on, my brother and his wife are coming up to eat dinner with us.  So anyway, I'm gonna sleep with him tonight in case he needs me. 

Here's to a fabulous 2011 full of family, fun, and good health (especially good for Andrew right now)!

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...