December 20, 2010

Christmas Crazy

So I'm on Christmas break now and things have already been just NUTS.  Saturday started off innocently enough...Chris and Andrew went to go see Tron with a bunch of guys from church and their sons.  I took Hannah on a mommy-date to Kohl's to finish up the Christmas shopping, then we went to lunch together.  I know she's only two and a half, but I really enjoy her company!  She loves the one-on-one time, and I don't blame her.  She came into this world competing with Andrew for our attention, so of course she loves getting us all to herself!  Anyway...so the morning went just wonderfully.  We had such a good time, and so did the guys.  When Chris got home, however, I was in the middle of trying to go through a bunch of receipts and bills that had been paid, but were just sitting waiting to be filed away.  I was almost done when the front of the file cabinet drawer came loose and a bunch of important papers started falling out.  I was trying to keep it all together and finish up what I was doing, the kids were running around alternately playing and fighting (as usual), and Chris was trying to eat some lunch while telling me it was time for the kids' nap.

I.lost.it.

I said words I haven't said in a long time.  Sure, I've thought them quite frequently, but I was doing well by resisting the urge to say them out loud.  I yelled, I cried, I spazzed out...I had reached my limit.  I was DONE.  Of course, Chris had to ask if I was taking my medication.  Yes, as a matter of fact, I am.

I spent the rest of the day in a bad mood.  I ended up staying home from church yesterday just to get some QUIET.  I desperately needed to be alone. I needed to spend time with God.  Funny how my life falls apart when I abandon my daily quiet time...also funny how I had to stay home from church in order to get the quiet time I needed.  Chris took the kids to church and I stayed home and talked to God.  I got myself sorted out and feel much better now.  I just needed a mommy-size time out.

Today Andrew is having a playdate with his BFF, Avery, and they are so funny to watch.  They fight over the toys one second, then share freely the next.  I am trying not to interfere, to just let them work it out on their own...For four years old, I think they are doing pretty well.


Tomorrow we leave for Alabama to visit Chris' family.  I'm planning on taking extra happy pills with me.

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...