August 11, 2010

Diarrhea of the Mouth

I'm feeling very random today/tonight, so this is going to be my place to get all these thoughts out, okay?  Okay! :)
*******
Tomorrow my hubby and kiddos come home!  They took a little trip to visit Chris' parents (Mamaw & Papaw to them) this week, and have had a BLAST.  The day they lef (Monday), I called to check on them and Andrew told me over the phone that he was "having so much fun" and, "Mama, I'm not gonna see you for a long time 'cause I'm never coming home!"  I was kinda hurt at first, but I am actually really glad he's enjoying himself.  He adores his grandparents and cousins.
*******
This is the kids' last week of summer before school starts back for them.  They both love preschool, and as a stay-at-home-dad, so does Chris!!  They go three hours a day (9 am-noon)...Andrew goes 4 days a week and Hannah goes 2 days.  It gives Chris a good break so he can go grocery shopping, run other errands, or just go home and get stuff done or take a nap! :)  (If it were me, I would *so* be taking a nap while the kids were at school!)  Andrew could have enrolled in the lottery-funded pre-K this year, but we decided we weren't ready for that.  Andrew is, quite possibly, totally ready for it, but he loves his little church preschool and is quite happy and comfortable there, so despite the cost (versus the FREE pre-K), we decided he could go back to the Methodist church this year.  Of course, being lottery-funded pre-K, there are limited spaces for enrollment, so there's no guarantee that he could have gotten one of those spots.  The "open house" for the preschool is tomorrow night, so they will come home in the morning, get their naps, and hopefully be happy and ready to go tomorrow night.  I have a faculty meeting after school but will be rushing home as soon as I can to see those three beloved faces.
*******
Today, while driving home from school, I passed a McDonald's and on the sign in front, it said, "We Loven It."  I was speechless and tried my best to get a picture of it with my phone, but couldn't manage a good one.  Wouldn't be any good if I did anyway since I can figure out how to get pics off my phone and onto the computer.  Heck, I'm impressed if I can even figure out how to take a picture with my phone. Yes, I am just now coming out of the dark ages.  I only started texting sometime last spring.  Sheesh.
*******
Locker break with the 6th graders went better than I thought it would.  Many were able to get theirs open after only 3-4 tries!  Several thought they were being smart by keeping their combination cards inside their locker...Then they realized that they didn't have the combinations memorized, and of course couldn't open their lockers to get their combinations, so....yeah.  They're trying, though. 
*******
My co-teacher has jury duty on Monday, so I will be all alone with nearly 40 kids in a class.  Yeah, that should be FUN.  I told her to go in there telling everyone she's a teacher (true), she thinks gun ownership should be mandatory (NOT true), she's racist (NOT true), and she believes we should go back to hangings in the public square (NOT true).  That should work, right?  She should be back in class on Tuesday. :)
*******
I got a haircut this week.  I hope Chris doesn't complain about it.  He loves long hair and wants me to grow it out, and I am trying, but the layers had grown so much that they were looking crazy.  I was tired of putting my hair back in barrettes or a headband every day, so I got it cut and got a cute little style to help me feel better about it while its growing.
*******
So You Think You Can Dance is, quite possibly, my favorite show.  I am so super excited about the season finale tonight (dancing tonight, result show tomorrow!)...In fact, it just started 20 minutes ago so I must go now.  Its TIVO'ed but I can't wait until tomorrow to watch it.  Chris would just tease me relentlessly anyway for watching it, so I am going to go pop some popcorn and watch it in peace.  If anyone is still reading this, God bless you.  Thanks for trying to keep up with my randomness. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all love SYTYCD too! We'll miss it.

I think that she probably will enjoy jury duty. I know I would!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...