January 5, 2013

New school semester, and a little stress...

So Monday is the beginning of a new semester at school. I am excited about that, but I have to admit, I'm also very nervous. See, my wonderfully awesome co-teacher (and FRIEND), Kelly, who I've been with now for two years (this year being our third year co-teaching) had a beautiful baby girl yesterday. Harper was anxiously expected and everyone is so thrilled to have her finally HERE so we can ooh and ahh over her and tell her how beautiful she is and how lucky she is to have such a great mom, dad, and two big sisters. What does this have to do with me being nervous? Well, it means that (obviously) Kelly is going to be out for at least 6 weeks on maternity leave. There will be a long-term sub in the classroom and he is okay...just not who I'm used to. It is so hard for me to deal with change. I definitely need to work on that. I am not nervous about teaching the math or handling the students or anything like that. I just get nervous about how someone different is going to perceive me, what they will think of me, etc. Silly, I know, but that's my reality right now. *I like routine.* Six weeks will go by super-fast, though, and it'll be great. All I know is, I will certainly miss my friend. I'll be counting the days until February 18, for sure. :)

In the meantime, I am going to heavily rely on and enjoy co-teaching with my other awesome co-teacher and friend, Jessica. She's amazing and she always listens when I need to vent or de-stress by just getting something off my chest. I am so very grateful to work with both of these amazing women. I am a lucky, lucky girl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...