January 7, 2012

Wishin' for more time

I *so* wish I had more time to write down all the awesome, funny, sweet things my kids have been doing lately.  Seems like I rush home from school, spend a couple of hours with them, then its time for bath/bedtime.  After that hour-long ordeal, I'm exhausted and just fall into bed.  My energy and creative juices have been sucked dry.  I'm going to make more of an effort to write this stuff down, though, 'cause its pretty special and I don't want to forget it.

Just the other day Chris and I were reminiscing about Andrew being a baby and how he would lie in his crib and laugh hysterically while Chris made his stuffed animals sing and dance around him.  Andrew would squeal with laughter and flap his arms and legs in what we called "the punkin dance".  We have a video of it, and it still makes us laugh to watch it.
Seems like only yesterday he was 6 months old and the "punkin dance" was the highlight of our day.  Now he's a month away from SIX YEARS OLD and in Kindergarten.  What in the world happened??
Hannah is three going on twenty-three and bossy as all get out.  She says stuff like, "are you listening to me?" and "what did I tell you?"...She sounds just like me and Chris.  Wow.  She loves to be the leader when we go anywhere (as if we're really going to walk in the line), and of course Andrew has to argue about it.  We shut them down by reminding them that Mommy & Daddy are the bosses, not them (this seems to be news to them), and they are most certainly not the leaders.  Hannah is still velcroed to my side as soon as I get home.  That girl LOVES her mommy.  I love her, too, and I keep reminding myself that one day this will all be a thing of the past and I should be glad she *wants* to be with me so much right now...But OH.MY.GOSH. it is so hard right now.  I'm all "touched out" by the end of the day, which sucks for Chris.
She does such funny stuff, though.  She is ALL ABOUT the Disney princesses, and Andrew is still ALL ABOUT Star Wars.  Andrew likes to blow stuff up and Hannah likes to play dress-up.  They crack me up.  Oh, and in anticipation of the National Championship, Hannah was playing with a toy elephant today...I asked her what kind of animal she had.  Instead of saying, "elephant", her response?  ROLL TIDE!
Amen, little princess.  Roll, Tide, Roll! 
And with that, I'm being beckoned to the truck for a family outing.  Watch out, world...Here come the Irvins!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...